|This is a replacement for the photo that I had up at first, the|
one where which was turned top to bottom! Sorry!
The block was the super-simple Rail Fence block, but these are a small 3", so it took 54 blocks in all. The sewing of the blocks went fast, but the sewing of the on-point blocks into diagonal rows took much longer. As of this morning, though, I attached the last two borders. Because the Waco Quilt Show is fast approaching, I've been unable to find a machine quilter to quilt Cotton Candy (as Bee friend Hilary christened it!) for me. So I will attempt, with much fear and trepidation, to quilt it myself. I plan to use simple, straight-line quilting in the quilt's center and then do some much more-fun-for-me hand-quilting in the borders, using the fabric's print to guide me around some of the bigger, bolder flowers.
I just turned around quickly and looked at my quilt. Lo and behold I saw a mistake--a block that is turned the wrong way! This happened the first time I made this quilt. That time, though, I only discovered the goof after the quilt had been machine quilted. Then I decided I would call this block my deliberate mistake. Click on that link to learn this interesting bit of quilting history! This time around, however, I've found my error in time to remove that block from the quilt and put it back in correctly. I don't need to make a deliberate mistake in order to demonstrate humility; there are always plenty of minor goofs in my quilts!
Hmmm, maybe I should offer a prize to the person who finds my wrongly placed block. Actually it's pretty easy to spot it, so I'll offer the prize to the FIRST person who finds it. If you're a quilter, your prize will be quilt-related. If not, I suppose I'll have to come up with something else. Happy hunting! As always, remember to click on the image to vice it bigger.